Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Christmas Miracle Came Alive

I was never so excited to go home and go to bed as I was on Christmas Eve. As we drove home I said, "I want a doll. I hope I get one."

"You might," said Mommy.

When we got home I hung my stocking. My heart stuck to me like a wet bathing suit. I was ruffled. I couldn't wait until morning. The time was creeping down the hall like a snail with me on top of it. I thought I would have a doll. I wished I would have a doll. All different kinds floated through my head like seeds scattering in the wind. Holly is the doll I wanted most. She is a Christmas doll. I fell asleep. . . .

And I woke up. I tried to go in the living room but Mommy wouldn't let me. Finally we went in.

I SAW HER!!! I was astonished. It was Holly standing in front of my stocking in a red ribbon and shoes and dress with a green petticoat. I ran to her. I held her in my arms. I said, "Holly, do you want to read the tags on the presents?"

"Yes," she said.

We opened all the presents together. Holly got shoes and clothes and toy horses and a closet and a shoe rack.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," she said. And we were never parted again.

3 comments:

  1. From Rebecca,
    I like this story becuase the girl wants a doll. Do you want a doll? I don't really want a doll. I like this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kayla! I remember wanting a doll like this when I was young. You use a lot of good descriptive words.

    ReplyDelete