My Second Day of Kindergarten
by Kayla
"Daddy I'm scared to go to kindergarten." I grabbed Daddy's hand tightly and squeezed it to my heart.
Daddy said, "You'll get used to that! Now let's get going."
On the way to school I jumped excitedly. Just then we walked across the street and we saw the playground. I jumped up and down. I grabbed Daddy's hand and ran.
"I'm so excited for the monkey bars!" I climbed up the ladder. I put my hands on the bar in the front. Then I swung and reached to the second bar. I swung again and reached and slipped. My hands stung.
Daddy gave me a hug of comfort. "Do you want to learn how to do the monkey bars?"
I said, "Yes."
"Then set a goal on it. Practice every day. When you get good at it, I will come and see."
"OK," I said. Then I went to play on something else. I played on the ladder and slide.
DDDRRRIIIINNNGGG!!!! My heart jumped into my throat! I couldn't say anything.
"Come on," Daddy said. "It's time to line up."
I took a deep breath. "Daaaadddy," I said in a scared voice. "Daddy, are you coming with me in to class like you did yesterday?"
"No Sweetheart. I can't stay. Yesterday was a special day. It was your first day, so I got to stay the whole day. Today you have to learn how to be in school by yourself."
I put my head down. My eyes filled up with tears. "DADDY," I cried. "I'm sssoooo ssccaarreed. I don't know anyone at school." I held onto Daddy's hand like leaves and branches in the fall.
"Remember that you wrote a note to Ms. Brennan."
"Oh yeah, I wrote a note. I'm going to give it to her."
Just then Ms. Brennan came out. I gave the note to Ms. Brennan. She said, "Kayla, are you scared?"
"Yes," I said.
She gave me a big hug. "We are going to have a great day."
I got in line behind a girl with long hair. "I like your backpack," she said.
"My name is Kayla. What's your name?"
"My name is Katarina," she said.
I smiled as we walked into the classroom. Then Daddy said, "You will have a great day."
. . . And I did!
by Kayla
"Daddy I'm scared to go to kindergarten." I grabbed Daddy's hand tightly and squeezed it to my heart.
Daddy said, "You'll get used to that! Now let's get going."
On the way to school I jumped excitedly. Just then we walked across the street and we saw the playground. I jumped up and down. I grabbed Daddy's hand and ran.
"I'm so excited for the monkey bars!" I climbed up the ladder. I put my hands on the bar in the front. Then I swung and reached to the second bar. I swung again and reached and slipped. My hands stung.
Daddy gave me a hug of comfort. "Do you want to learn how to do the monkey bars?"
I said, "Yes."
"Then set a goal on it. Practice every day. When you get good at it, I will come and see."
"OK," I said. Then I went to play on something else. I played on the ladder and slide.
DDDRRRIIIINNNGGG!!!! My heart jumped into my throat! I couldn't say anything.
"Come on," Daddy said. "It's time to line up."
I took a deep breath. "Daaaadddy," I said in a scared voice. "Daddy, are you coming with me in to class like you did yesterday?"
"No Sweetheart. I can't stay. Yesterday was a special day. It was your first day, so I got to stay the whole day. Today you have to learn how to be in school by yourself."
I put my head down. My eyes filled up with tears. "DADDY," I cried. "I'm sssoooo ssccaarreed. I don't know anyone at school." I held onto Daddy's hand like leaves and branches in the fall.
"Remember that you wrote a note to Ms. Brennan."
"Oh yeah, I wrote a note. I'm going to give it to her."
Just then Ms. Brennan came out. I gave the note to Ms. Brennan. She said, "Kayla, are you scared?"
"Yes," I said.
She gave me a big hug. "We are going to have a great day."
I got in line behind a girl with long hair. "I like your backpack," she said.
"My name is Kayla. What's your name?"
"My name is Katarina," she said.
I smiled as we walked into the classroom. Then Daddy said, "You will have a great day."
. . . And I did!
Becca says: I really love the story, it is so good. I love the part when the girl was excited. And I also like the part when she was playing on the monkey bars. I have one question. Why did you write the story? Thanks for writing it!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Kayla! It brings back memories from when I started school. You are such a good writer!
ReplyDeleteGreat writing, Kayla! You have very good dialogue and action tags. Keep it up, and submit your work to publishers for children's writing. I think you'd do great.
ReplyDeleteI like your story. I just have one question: Why was it a great day?
ReplyDelete(Joshua E) Your work is great Kayla! It has a lot of things you don't get taught tell 5'th grade in it; and your onley in 1st grade!
ReplyDelete(Josh E) Your work is super Kayla. Your writing has stuff I just learned in 5th grade!! Your only in 1st grade so that's mega super!!!
ReplyDelete