Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When Valerie Was Born, revised

“I don’t want to go!” I argued, my voice squeaking. “I want to see my sister!”

We were at the hospital, standing behind the curtain. I was four and my brother Christopher was two.

Daddy said, “You have to go, but you can come back in a little while.”

“OK,” I said. Even though I felt unhappy, I ran with my friends so the time could go faster. I was eager to come back to the hospital.

Then Daddy came to pick me and my brother up. I was so enthusiastic that I sprung into Daddy's arms. When we got to Mommy's room, I was ruffled. I didn't know what to do. I looked at my baby sister so reverently. Then Mommy said, "Kayla, come on the bed and hold the baby." I slowly climbed up on to the bed and. . .
I held her. I felt so tender. I love my baby sister and she loves me.

Epilogue: Now I am six and Christopher is four. My baby sister Valerie is two.

2 comments:

  1. Kayla, do you like to write? I love your story.
    I like the dialogue. Please write another story like it.
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh said: Kayla your story was super!!! By the way do you want to be a author when you grow up? (respond by mail, phone, email, or poney express)
    ps if you pick poney express you'll need a time machine

    ReplyDelete